Optimizing data capture is the prerequisite for any business process. Field data entry software facilitates complete, relevant data collection on a terminal.
Let's talk about optimized data capture. Digitizing data collection in the field improves process reliability. Errors associated with paper forms are eliminated, and retranscription in reports becomes superfluous, saving time and adding value to the work.
Carrying out such a step directly in the field, via a portable device, makes it possible to achieve an optimized data entry, and thus improve, in a certain way, the quality of the data entered.
This article is composed of 5 parts:
1. Productivity gains through optimized data capture in the field
2. A whole office accessible on the move thanks to this data capture
3. New services for greater responsiveness
4. Jobs reinvented thanks to technological innovations that benefit everyone
5. Take advantage of business process mobility
1. Productivity gains through optimized data entry in the field
Dematerialization processes are a means of generating substantial gains at several levels.
- Firstly, by eliminating manual tasks, the information processing chain is accelerated, and through this, the company gains agility. The speed of information processing is necessarily improved. Then, a real impact is to be noted in terms of traceability, the optimized input and computerization of processes, contributes to the qualitative leap in the monitoring of documents and the security of their contents. In addition, by digitizing the entire processing chain, most data entry errors can be eliminated, and the data is thus more accurate. Finally, by eliminating the processing of paper documents, the company makes direct savings on both human and material resources.
- Optimized data entry also has a simple effect on paper savings. Many companies have implemented policies to reduce paper use and recycling, mainly in document printing (e.g. by promoting double-sided printing). However, despite these efforts, paper consumption in France continues to increase (about 150 kilograms of paper per year per employee) and global consumption is expected to increase by nearly 20% by 2020. Waste is not the only cause, developing digital processes through optimized data entry makes it possible to make savings, but also to spread the image of a young, dynamic, modern and environmentally friendly company, especially since this is a rapidly expanding market.
2. An entire office accessible on the move thanks to this data entry
Smartphones, tablets and other PDAs have changed the way we work. Now almost as powerful as traditional desktop PCs, they have transformed the way people work. Mobile applications, the foundation of mobile business processes, are distinguished by their ability to collect contextual data linked to the mobile user, thus limiting the need to travel to a fixed point.
Precise information on the operator's situation can be easily retrieved and analysed through location, GPS position, environmental conditions, current weather, but also speed during a journey for example. The context also includes a more personal dimension, linked to the operator's preferences, which can be processed through the history of decisions made by the user for example. The recovery of this contextual data is made increasingly easy by the technological progress of nomadic devices (camera, integrated GPS, accelerometer, sensors of all kinds, but also Near Field Communications).
3. New services for greater responsiveness
Today, it is crucial for companies to identify the link in their business value chains on which to implement mobile solutions, making it possible to improve the interaction between its various services, its employees and its customers.
This interaction brings added value, in that it improves the fluidity of exchanges, but also their intuitiveness, reactivity and thus their efficiency. In addition, the new technological capacities of the terminals and the constant progress in this area are real levers of innovation and thus offer many opportunities for development. Within a few years, terminals equipped with chemical sensors could appear, for example, to check a temperature, but also 3D cameras to check the correct execution of actions.
Behind these few examples, the entire reliability of production can benefit, while at the same time promoting the safety of a company's employees . Thanks to the mobility of processes, operators gain both autonomy and responsibility, and can thus make their decisions with all the necessary elements at their disposal. Thus, mobile solutions represent new opportunities to improve productivity and enhance the efficiency of business processes. The mobility of processes represents a major challenge for companies.
The mobility of operational processes, synonymous with accessibility via mobile applications, also implies their adaptability. For example, an operator can instantly take photos before and after an intervention, simplifying his work and reducing the need for subsequent data entry. This efficiency boosts company productivity by reducing administrative processing times.
However, the mobility of business processes extends the field of possibilities even further. In fact, adapting processes to a mobile context means more than just changing the form of the fields. Ermeo reconfigures technical documentation to meet mobility needs. Operators and technicians still have a lot of paper in the field, and don't always have access to mobile documentation (decision trees, plans and diagrams, forms, operating procedures). Ermeo is developing solutions to create dynamic technical documents, and make them accessible to technicians at the right moment, within a dedicated mobile application. Thanks to the implementation of such solutions, productivity gains of over 30% have been measured.
4. Businesses reinvented through technological innovations that benefit everyone
In addition to productivity, psychologically, having access to all the necessary documentation reassures the technician, and reinforces his choices. This facilitates decision-making and improves reliability (reducing the risk of human error).
Thanks to mobile applications such as those developed by Ermeo, operators can quickly and easily access the technical documentation they need. Thanks to a QR-code system, or better still, in just two clicks, the operator can access the documentation by geolocating the equipment, and then benefit from step-by-step guidance to make operations more reliable. Service quality is also improved, and a reduction in the failure rate of the various pieces of equipment is observed.
Then, technicians can feed back information directly from the field, always on the same application. This informationautomatically feeds the equipment and CMMSdatabases, once again making operations more reliable, a real virtuous circle is set up.
The mobile application fosters collaboration, adding a human and concrete dimension to digital business. Operators share feedback and suggest improvements. This ensures that the company has control over the skills of its technicians, and simplifies automatic report entry, reducing the time spent on administrative tasks.
5. Take advantage of the mobility of business processes
The Ermeo mobile application thus proposes to take the greatest possible advantage of the mobility of business processes. It is a solution for consulting PDFs, site maps... and thanks to the principle of dynamic images, operators can provide technical details to the documents made available, and thus personalize them. They can take pictures, annotate them, illustrate them, but also draw on them and insert text.
The application also features a backoffice platform: the editing studio enables the creation of interactive, visual and collaborative documentation. To mobilize operational processes, the transformation of technical documentation is crucial, integrating decision trees, flowcharts, operating modes, procedures and forms into tables.
The management of this technical documentation, essential to guarantee the correct use of digital tools, is carried out via powerful applications. The mobile application enables technicians to access documents associated with equipment. This mobility of operational processes gives access to a complete list of equipment, and to its information and history, facilitating employee learning. The company benefits from a detailed analysis of actions, enabling the development of new products and services, as well as the optimization of internal processes.